Name: Stefan Wilson
Date of Birth: 20/9/1989
Place of Birth: Sheffield, England
Lives: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Interests: Auto Racing, Computers, Cycling, Scuba Diving, Solar Energy, Technology, Electric Vehicles
Web site: www.stefanwilson.co
Biography: An accomplished professional race car driver, Stefan Wilson is the younger brother of the late IndyCar star Justin Wilson, and began his career at age nine competing in UK and International Karting events. Graduating to open wheel cars in 2007, an impressive first season in the Formula Palmer Audi Series saw him nominated and later named the Winner of the Prestigious McLaren Autosport BRDC Award. This achievement led to a test with the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Formula 1 team in 2009.
Upon switching to American open wheel racing, Wilson competed in several Indy Lights seasons from 2009-2012, scoring multiple race wins for Andretti Autosport, and 2 Lap Records in the series. In 2011, he finished 3rd in the Championship with two race wins. In 2013, he competed in one IndyCar series race, and teamed up with brother Justin Wilson at the Dale Coyne Racing team. Despite a lack of testing and a six-month absence from the race seat prior to the Baltimore event, he brought the car home in 16th ahead of some very reputable IndyCar drivers.
In May 2015 Wilson qualified and competed in his first Indianapolis 500 for KV Racing Technology, driving the No. 25 Indiana Donor Network Chevrolet in the milestone 100th Running of the famed race. You can follow him on twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For more information about Stefan Wilson, please visit StefanWilson.co.
• 2004-2005 - Finishing 2nd in 2 British National Karting Championships.
• 2006 - Finishing 3rd in Italian Garda Winter Cup, out of 128 International competitors.
• 2007 – Finished 2nd Formula Palmer Audi Championship.
• 2007 - Winner of 2007 McLaren Autosport BRDC Young Driver Award
• 2009 – Tested for Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Formula 1 team.
• 2011 – Finished 3rd Firestone Indy Lights Championship with 2 wins.
• 2013 - Competed in the IndyCar Grand Prix of Baltimore as team mate of Brother Justin Wilson, for Dale Coyne Racing.
• 2016 - Qualified and competed in 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500 for KV Racing Technology.
Started karting in the United Kingdom in 1998, notably finishing 2nd in 2 British national championships. Later moving to cars where he was nominated and won the McLaren Autosport BRDC award, earning a test with the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Formula 1 team. In 2009, making the switch to American open-wheel racing following Brother Justin’s footsteps, and eventually joining him on the grid as his teammate at the 2013 GP of Baltimore. In 2016, achieved a lifelong dream of competing in the Indianapolis 500, at the 100th Running of the famed race.