Name: Tommy Østgaard
Date of Birth: 08/03/1993
Place of Birth: Oslo, Norway
Lives: Ski, Norway
Interests: Motorsport, gaming, software development, driver development, the enviroment
Biography: Tommy Østgaard is a Norwegian racing driver with a background in karting, single seaters, Renault Clio’s, Legends and competitive sim-racing. Tommy has worked as a driver coach, car developer, test driver and coach for Europe's leading driver training facility, iZone Driver Performance. He has coached drivers from all around the world, from amateurs to professional drivers, working alongside world class sports psychologists, driver coaches and triple world touring car champion, Andy Priaulx.
With his experience from iZone and his own racing, Tommy started up his own racing academy in for Norwegian racing talents in 2014. He coached, trained and mentored some of the greatest talents in Norway. The project was funded through sponsors Tommy acquired on his own, meaning no driver would pay anything to be part of the program.
Tommy is currently working for Ducky, a Norwegian company focusing on the environment, besides assisting the Norwegian Automobile-Sport Federation on some of their projects. He is also participating in the iRacing Grand Prix World Championship Series.
• 2011: Formula Basic Norwegian Cup - Runner-up
• 2011: Formula Basic Factor X - Champion
• 2011: Formula Basic SSK - Champion
• 2012: Formula Basic SSK - Runner-up
• 2012: Formula Basic Norwegian Cup - Champion
• 2013: Michelin Renault Clio Cup Road, unofficial series, 75% win ratio, 100% podium finishes
• 2013: Michelin Renault Clio Cup Winter Series, 100% podium finishes
• 2017: iRacing Grand Prix Road Pro, qualification series to the World Championship - Runner up
• 2018: iRacing Grand Prix World Championship - Ongoing
Tommy has been surrounded by cars his entire life. Growing up, he was watching his dad race remote controlled cars competitively until he got his own go-cart at the age of 8.
From that point on, he has been racing one way or another ever since.