Name: Wolfgang Reip
Date of Birth: 01/10/1986
Place of Birth: Brussels, Belgium
Lives: Brussels, Belgium
Interests: Motorsport, Sciences and Technologies, Psycologhy, Sport
Web site: Under construction
Biography: Wolfgang Reip is a Belgian professionnal racing driver for Bentley M-Sport and previously Nissan / Nismo, winning the Blancpain Endurance Pro Cup Championship in 2015 and the 12H of Bathurst to name a few.
He was 6 years old when he got his first taste of racing, competing in goKart and later simracing to further hone his driving skills. Without any financial means or support, but with a burning desire to become a racing driver, Wolfgang heard about GT Academy in 2011, bought a playstation and the game and by the next year had beaten 830,000 others in both virtual and real races and challenges in Silverstone to be crowned the 2012 European GT Academy Winner, earning him a racing contract and a driver development programme with Nissan.
Since landing his dream job, Wolfgang’s determination and hunger for winning meant he didn’t have to wait long before enjoying his first podiums finishing few times first, second or third in every single championship he entered,wich are Blancpain GT series, FIA GT, WEC, Super GT, British GT and Renault Sport Trophy.
He thoroughly believes in using sim racing as a powerful training tool and has won further trophies in e-gaming too, like the GT Academy, but also on iRacing, Assetto Corsa, rFactor etc and is using the sim that he has personally constructed to coach other aspiring drivers.
Wolfgang’s second passion is Science and Technology, where he is especially interested in renewable energy and alternatives to petrol. He believes Electric GT is the future of our sport and was the first racing driver to complete a full electric of the Le Mans24H track during the 2014 edition, faster than the GTE cars, which is why he’s very excited to be a part of this new adventure into Electric GT.
• 19993-1998 – Karting.
• 2012 – European Nissan GT Academy.
• 2013 – 2nd in GT4 class Dubai 24 Hour. Blancpain Endurance Series (3rd at Spa and 7th overall). FIA GT (3rd Slovakia Ring, 2nd Navarra). WEC (3rd Barhein 6 Hours in LMP2 class).
• 2014 – 24 Hours of Le Mans (Garage 56 with Nissan ZEOD RC - First full electric lap of Le Mans history -). British GT (2nd Spa). Blancpain Endurance Series. Super GT. 12 Hours of Bathurst.
• 2015 – 12 Hours of Bathurst. Blancpain Endurance Series (Pro Cup Drivers Champion). Renault Sport Trophy (1s Hungaroring and 3rd Spa). Super GT.
• 2016 – Blancpain GT Series - Endurance Cup (3rd championship).